The Wilson Cup award and the Wilson Bowl award, both donated to the Club by Bob Wilson, our Vice Patron, Past Commodore and Past Rowing Captain, recognize the achievements and efforts made by youth rowers at the RHKYC and as a way of encouraging other Youth rowers to do well in the sport.
- Youth Rower of the Year Award and
- Most Promising Youth Rower of the Year Award
These perpetual trophies will be presented to recognize and encourage the achievements and efforts made by youth rowers at RHKYC. They may be awarded at the club’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) and displayed at the club as a means of encouraging other youth rowers to do well in the sport, however, the first award, the ‘Youth Rower of The Year Award’ will only be awarded in those
years when fully warranted under the criteria set out below.
The Youth Rowing Development Sub-committee and rowing members may nominate suitable candidates for the awards to the Rowing Committee two months before the AGM. The Rowing Committee will then determine the names of the awardee(s) to be presented with the awards at the AGM.
The following are the criteria for the awards :-
RHKYC Youth Rower of the Year Award – The Wilson Cup
- Must be a club member, Junior and/ or cadet, aged 16-25 years.
- Should have raced regularly over the race season for RHKYC or other recognised club.
- Should have represented the club at least twice over the year.
- Should have taken some role in nurturing other youth rowers in the development of the sport of rowing in Hong Kong.
- Should be an excellent ambassador for RHKYC youth rowing, especially in relation to good sportsmanship and being a good role model.
- Should be country national representative or obtain outstanding results in international competition.
RHKYC Most Promising Youth Rower of the Year – The Wilson Bowl
- Must be a club member, junior and/ or cadet, aged 16-25 years.
- Must have shown an obvious commitment to the sport of rowing and to self improvement.
- Should have had good attendance at the various youth regattas, both on land (indoor rowing) and water.
- Should have shown an overall improvement in the year.
RHKYC Youth Rower of the Year Award
RHKYC Most Promising Youth Rower of the Year
||Oliver Blyth and Nicholas Chan
||Kirra Cameron and Finn Ridley
||Peter Lam San Tung
||Stephanie Capol and Liam Fung