Do you have what it takes to join our team?
A competitive package is offered and applicants should forward a comprehensive C.V. and expected remuneration in confidence to the Human Resources Manager, RHKYC, Kellett Island, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong or email firstname.lastname@example.org
(all applications will be treated the strictest confidence and personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only)
Assistant Manager – Technical
Assist Facilities and Technical Manager in overseeing the operation of Technical Department
- Maintain facilities and equipment by conducting routine inspections and determining appropriate rectification measures
- Assist in planning and execution of preventive and corrective maintenance
- Assist in preparation of tender and monitor the progress of projects with outside contractors
- Coach team by providing supervision, on job training and career development
- Holder of Higher Diploma or above in Engineering, Facility Management or other related disciplines
- Minimum 5 years of experience in hospitality or property facility management, ideally with 2 years in a similar capacity
- A holder of Registered Electrical Worker License Grade B is preferred
- Well organized and good problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of written and spoken of English and Chinese
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel) and AutoCAD
- Ensure all Club boats are in serviceable condition through regular inspection, maintenance and running repairs. Keep boat repair logbooks updated.
- Ensure that all ancillary equipment is properly stored and managed.
- Inspect, maintain and perform running repairs on boat racking and equipment storage units.
- Inventory management: co-ordinate with Rowing & Paddle Sports team (R&PS) to manage and maintain spare part stocks, including timely notification to R&PS Manager of any resources needed.
- Regular communication with coach team to improve co-ordination of boat repairs and other requirements.
- Maintain a reasonable lookout for the safety of members and boats during rowing activity.
- Assist members to put the rowing boats on/off the rack and launch/recover.
- Ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of the Boat Shed and related areas.
- Slipway condition: work with Marine team to ensure that slipway is regularly cleaned.
- RIB equipment: ensure equipment including contents of the safety box is kept up to date and in good condition. Monitor Check OUT/IN logbook and report any defects to the R&PS Manager.
- Co-ordinate with RIB team to ensure that RIBs are regularly moved to hardstand for de-fouling.
- RIB refuelling at MI: take RIBs to Aberdeen for refuelling and maintain refuelling logbook.
- Assist during race days including boat preparation and mark laying.
- Boat damage: report cases promptly to the R&PS Manager and help co-ordinate repair work.
- Storm preparation: in the event of storms, help secure the boathouse and all equipment.
- To perform such other duties as may be reasonably requested by the R&PS Manager.
- Preferably with PVOCC Level 2 qualification
- 3 years boat repair experience including carbon fibre repairs, rigging and painting.
- With some knowledge of rowing boat & outrigger canoe set up and rigging & oar maintenance.
- A minimum of two years’ relevant working experience in food and beverage industry.
- Hands-on experience in Cocktail preparation.
- Good command of spoken English with an outgoing personality.
- A team player.
- Preference will be given to those with good wine and cocktail knowledge.
This position will report directly to the Head Rowing Coach.
- Develop and organise RHKYC rowing programmes with the Head Rowing Coach.
- Lead, direct and execute RHKYC the Youth Development Program.
- Be actively involved in coaching all other RHKYC rowing programmes along with the Head Rowing Coach including: Schools Programme, Adult Novice Rowing Course, Adult Development Rowing Course, Youth Summer Rowing Camps, Private Rowing Lessons.
- To be on duty at Middle Island, Kellet Island and Shek Mun, Shelter Cove and any other destination when necessary. This position includes weekend and holiday work, as well as some early mornings.
Actively participate in any other coaching at all levels and in all programs.
Evaluate all aspects of RHKYC rowing programs on an ongoing basis and formally present evaluations to respective committees with the Head Coach.
Organize coaching clinics and recruit individuals to attend these clinics.
Organize regular safety refresh sessions for all RHKYC rowing coaches.
To roster, manage and mentor junior and part-time Rowing Instructors.
Ensure coaches are properly informed and motivated by providing direction, leadership and acting as a mentor.
Review the RHKYC Rowing safety policy quarterly with the Head Rowing Coach.
Actively promote the best interests of RHKYC Rowing with external parties, members and participants through relationship management.
To assist with planning and execution of RHKYC Rowing and Paddle Sport competitions
To be responsible for organising repair and maintenance of all RHKYC rowing/coaching equipment.
To be proactive in organising the repair and maintenance of RHKYC rowing/coaching equipment on an ongoing basis.
To perform such other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Head Rowing Coach.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Club offers an excellent benefits package including competitive salary, development pathway, good – friendly ambitious working environment.
- Recognized rowing coaching qualification (at least HKCRA/ UKCC Level 1 or equivalent)
- Over 5 years’ rowing experience at a high level (high school, university or club)
- Over 3 years’ coaching experience (university, juniors and novices an advantage)
- Fluent in written & spoken English. Spoken Chinese or Mandarin is an advantage.
- Current First Aider and holder of HK Pleasure Vessel Operator Grade 2 Qualification.
Senior Captain/Captain/Senior Servers
- To provide food and beverage service to our members and their guests in various F&B outlets, like Coffee Shop and Fine Dining Room.
- To lead and provide guidance to a team of casual servers.
- To carry out any reasonable requests as instructed by management.
- A minimum of three years' F&B experience in hospitality industry. Those with lesser experience will be considered for the position of Senior Servers.
- Good communication and customer service skill.
- Outgoing personality and self-motivated.
- A team player.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese.
Chef de Partie/Demi Chef de Partie/Senior Cooks
- At least five years’ experience in Western and Asian cuisine.
- With good communication skills.
- Creative and quality-oriented.
- Well-versed with kitchen hygiene.
- An ability to read and understand simple English.
- Those with lesser experience and qualification will be considered for the position of Senior Cooks.