Welcome to the HKSAR 25th Anniversary-Dragon Boat in City. It is a special nighttime edition of the Kellett Island Cup sprint dragon boat race! The race will be held out of the RHKYC clubhouse at Kellett Island in Wan Chai Basin and takes place in the waters of Hong Kong’s Victoria Harbour. It is a 200m race which starts from the west side of the basin with a finish line by Kellett Island. Our race lanes and dragon boats will have unique coloured lights which will make this event extremely special!
Date: 16 July 2022 Saturday
Event Time : 1500-2200hrs.
Eye Dotting Ceremony: 1430hrs
Races are in Open, Women and Mixed categories.
The race will start and finish in the Wan Chai Basin beside our Club. Crews will race on a single course, approximately 200m long.
Please load and unload one team each at a time.
For detailed instructions on how to get to Kellett Island, please follow this link - https://www.rhkyc.org.hk/club-facilities/about/three-clubhouses
The Vaccine Pass is now in effect. The Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club currently has precautionary measures in place which can be found
1. LEAVE HOME SAFE & VACCINE PASS- You MUSTcomply with the Third Stage of the Vaccine Pass (https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/vaccine-pass.html). Once you have scanned into the RHKYC Premises, you will be issued with your race day accreditation which must be displayed AT ALL TIMES.
2. RAT TEST- All competitors MUST take a Rapid Antigen Test before coming to the race venue. All competitors must show proof to their respective team managers who will be responsible for enforcing Covid-19 measures for their respective teams.
3. MAX FOUR PEOPLE IN A GROUP- All competitors, staff and volunteers MUST NOT gather in groups larger than FOUR persons unless sat or standing at a table.
4. WEAR A FACE MASK- All competitors, staff and volunteers MUST WEAR A FACE MASK at all times when on land. Please wear your mask until you are sat on your floating boat and preparing to race.
We do not allow outside food or drink in RHKYC premises. RHKYC will arrange special food and drinks counter for all participants throughout the day.
2. You can purchase food and drinks using an octopus card. Remember to top up.
3. Protect the environment! No single use plastic!Please bring your own water bottles and refill at the Water Station.
4. No Guestsare allowed to enter the club. People who are not racing can view the races in the harbour front spectator area.
5. Teams will be disqualified if these rules are breached.