These rules governing the use of the squash courts are based on the Squash Bye-Laws approved by the General Committee. The complete Bye-Law is available in the Reception.
Conduct & Use
1. Players must wear soft-soled non-marking shoes, and use non-marking balls. Graphite head racquets must be taped to avoid marking the walls and floor.
2. No food or drink may be taken into the squash courts.
3. Smoking is prohibited in the courts or spectators’ gallery.
1. Bookings can be made up to 14 days in advance either in person or by telephoning Reception between 0800 hours to 2200 hours, or after 2200 hours to the Main Bar. On-line booking is now available.
2. No Member may book a court for more than one period of 45 minutes per day without the permission of the General Manager or the Squash Convenor.
3. Court fee for “Member with Member” and “Member with Guest” are $40 and $50 per 45-minute session respectively.
4. When booking, Members must state whether their opponent is a Member and give the Member's name, or state if their opponent is a guest.
5. If a squash court is not occupied within 10 minutes of the commencement of the period for which it has been booked, the court may be used by any Members waiting to play; the original booking will be deemed to be cancelled.
6. Bookings for squash courts may be cancelled with no fee charged if the cancellation is made before the day for which the court has been booked. Cancellation of a court on the day of use will result in no fee being charged only if another Member takes up the vacant court.
7. Every Saturday from 1015 hours to 1230 hours is designated as a “Members Only” period.
1. Children under 12 years of age may not use the squash courts or be in the spectators’ gallery unless accompanied by an adult. Children under 12 years old may not use the courts during the “Members Only” periods unless authorized by the Squash Convenor.
1. Squash rackets will be available for use with a refundable deposit of $200 and are to be returned to Reception no later than 2200 hours on the same day. Squash ball will be available for purchase.
Squash Convenor: Francis Longuepee Tel: 9195 3510